Whether you want to connect to other Wi-Fi®–enabled devices or simply need to download a few music files, setting up Wi-Fi is quick and easy. Here are a few tips to help get you started.
1. Turning Wi-Fi On or Off
Turning Wi-Fi on allows your phone to discover and connect to compatible in-range Wireless Access Points so you can connect to a wireless network. From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings. Tap Wi-Fi, and then tap the ON/OFF switch to turn Wi-Fi on or off.
2. Scanning and Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network
From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings. Tap Wi-Fi, and then tap the network you want to connect to. When you select an open network, you are automatically connected to the network. Enter a wireless password, if necessary.
3. Manually Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
- From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi > Add Wi-Fi network.
- Enter information about the Wi-Fi network:
- Tap Network SSID to enter the name of the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Security field and select a security option. This must match the current security setting on your target WAP. If secured, you will also need to enter your WAP’s password.
- Tap Show advanced options, if you need to add advanced options such as Proxy and IP settings.
- Tap Connect to store the new information and connect to your target WAP.
Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All other brands, products and services, and their respective trademarks, names and logos, are the property of their respective owners. All apps referenced, except where otherwise noted, are available in the Samsung GALAXY Apps store. For more information on any referenced apps, products or services, see the respective websites.
The above content is provided for entertainment and information purposes only. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung Electronics is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the above content.